I teach individuals and groups
- on skype
- in workplaces
- on home visits
- occasionally in community centres
- and most often, in a home-based studio in inner north-east Melbourne.
What to expect
As a teacher, I work in a supportive and gentle way to help you address your improve your posture and reduce pain. Over time, your balance and poise will improve, and stress levels reduce.
We achieve these goals by changing habits that introduce unnecessary muscular tension during daily activities, whether sitting at a desk, walking, talking, washing dishes or wielding a shovel.
Alexander Technique can also improve performance in sport, acting and music. It can be applied with great results to walking, running, swimming, yoga and gym work. People learn how to perform these activities in a much freer and lighter way.
If you work from home, we can also work at your desk.
What I offer is based on
- my experience with many clients individually and in groups;
- 1600 hours of full-time training (3 years); and
- my own personal journey of overcoming lower back and hip pain